- Blink 4x orange 1x green. (how to solve this particular blink read HERE)
- Green flashes orange alternately during the 7x (Ink Absorber Full),
- Orange 8x ink tank full
1. Driver must already be installed. If you do not have a driver click here.
2. The printer should be in service mode (temporary reset).
To activate the service mode :
- Unplug the electrical power
- Press the power (on the printer)
- Electrical power outlet (the light is green)
- While pressing the power press the reset button (light turns orange)
- Remove the two (the printer will die)
- Press the power button again and release directly. (Light is green) (do not unplug the electrical power)
3. Run the General Service Tool. If you do not have, download HERE / resetter canon IP 1980
4. Disconnect electric power, plug back in and turn (initial printer / ill wait until the lights blink. Done
How to run a General Service Tool
- Exctrak files that you download
- Windows should be 1024x768 resolution
- Run the file "GeneralTool.exe"
- Select the USB Port
- Check Cleaning and Eeprom Clear
- Click the Main
- Click Platen
- Done Quit
- Turn off the printer by pressing the power.